Sunday, March 18, 2012

Essie: Set in Stones & Van D' Go

I was super excited to try out essie's set in stones luxeffects nail polish that I received in this month's birchbox, which a lot of you guys also seemed interested in. 
Whenever I see a glitter nail polish, I think "accent nail". I just love the look and it makes removing the nail polish slightly less of a hassle. I paired set in stones with another essie polish, van d'go, a veteran in my collection that has gotten gloopy and extremely hard to work with, but I still can't resist the pretty color that is perfect for spring/summer. 
I love this color combo. It's super girly and definitely attention-getting; it's one of those manicures that puts me in a good mood whenever I look down at my nails. 
I wasn't expecting this glitter nail polish to be super opaque because it does state on the label that it is a topcoat. With one coat it is definitely just a few chunky glitters dispersed in a clear polish, but it is buildable if you want a full on glittery nail. I have on three coats of the stuff and surprisingly it doesn't sit too thick on my nail. The trick with these not so dense glitter polishes is that sometimes you need to dab the brush on the nail instead of sweeping it through. 

I have fallen hard for the glittery nail trend and cannot resist the prettiness of a glitter polish in the bottle and on the nails. The ones that I have are all chunky top coats, but I would love to try the ones that have the very refined glitters in them. 

As always, let me know what you think,

~Vida

19 comments:

  1. that such a pretty pink color..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took Van D'Go off my nails, it definitely is the perfect spring color! It looks so pretty paired with the silver glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think using the glitter to create an accent nail is a great idea! It is so fun and looks great against the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS Vida! I never really thought the whole accent nail trend could really work for spring, but your manicure is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that accent nail... have u tried taking it off yet? Is it tough?... with my Julep Maven color it took forever lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh the combo is amazing! Van d'go is my all time favourite nail polish! I pair it with a minty polish.. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I have Van D Go and I abs love it! Its amazing for the spring/summer.

    http://herdollface.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the combination~
    recently found you, followed you!
    follow me back and feel free to check my blog:
    http://ohitsjoyce.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love what you have done with you nails. I've been wanting to try the exact same thing, so I bought a nice minty coloured polish last week. Hopefully ill get time this week :)

    http://socialemissions.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your blog & start following on GFC, hope you'll check mine & follow back!!! xoxo from Rome

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! A very barbie in the spring combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this combination :) The pink is so pretty. New follower! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate taking off glitter polish- so you make a great point about saying that one nail is easier to deal w/ than 10! I love the look of one nail being different from all the rest<3
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your blog. i'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your blog and the nails arE uber cute!



    Check out my blog and Give-Away:
    http://www.shellzdoll.com/2012/03/31/6388/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!